The DOG Hotel, Keg & Brew and The Dove & Olive are each hosting American Hot Buffalo Wing EATING COMPETITIONS for your pleasure.
The competitor who finishes a bucket of hot buffalo chicken wings in the quickest time wins!
Not only do entrants get 1.5 kilos of spicy, succulent wings, they’ll also receive a pint of America’s favourite craft beer, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.
In addition to consumption eminency, the winner of each venue will receive 50 cold hard Washington’s (a.k.a $50 voucher) to spend at any of the participating venues.
For spectators, a delicious red, white & blue menu has been created especially for the weekend. The traditional menu features American classics as follows:
- Baby Back Pork Ribs made with a Chili Spice Rub, Slowly Roasted and Basted with famous House Chipotle BBQ sauce, served with an Apple and Walnut Slaw ($19 available at all three venues);
- A Pulled Beef Brisket Roll of cured Beef Brisket slow roasted for 12 hours with jalapenos and slaw served with a side of rustic fries ($15 exclusive to the Keg & Brew);
- Southern Fried Shrimp Po Boy, a blend of spiced buttermilk shrimp with a delicious Louisiana remoulade with fresh lettuce/tomato wrapped together in a crispy seeded bun with a side of fries ($16 exclusive to the Dove & Olive and The DOG).
Liquid specials for your freedom filled weekend include: Pints ($8.50) & Schooners ($7.50) of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, as well as Schooners of Hop Hunter IPS & Nooner Pilsner’s for $11.
Journey with the Good Beer Company to the land of the free and home of the brave and see if you have what it takes to eat like an American.
Competition ticket entry is $20. Tickets include 1.5 kilo of wings + a pint sierra Nevada Pale Ale
Competition Dates & Times:
- Keg & Brew: Saturday 2nd July at 12pm
- The DOG: Saturday 2nd July at 3pm
- Dove & Olive: Sunday 3rd July at 2pm
What: Independence Weekend + Hot Wing Eating Competition
The DOG Hotel, 2 St Marks Rd, Randwick NSW
Keg & Brew, 26 Foveaux St, Surry Hills NSW
The Dove & Olive, 126 Devonshire St, Surry Hills NSW
When: Keg & Brew: Saturday 2nd July at 12pm
The DOG: Saturday 2nd July at 3pm
Dove & Olive: Sunday 3rd July at 2pm