Having recently released their limited edition Black Box dark beer collection, 4 Pines Brewing Company are taking over the taps at Keg & Brew to present the new range as well as some old favorites on Wednesday 18 May 2016
Each of the four Black Box dark ales is a history lesson for the taste buds. From the desolate monasteries of Middle Ages Germany to the breweries of foggy 1800’s London, the range is a drinkable guide through the murky past of these historically-inspired brews, which include a schwarzbier, coffee porter, black IPA and Russian imperial stout.
There’s only three sets of Black Box kegs being released to NSW venues, so the 4 Pines tap takeover at the Keg & Brew is a rare event for the hop-heads of Sydney to try each of the exclusive ales.
As well as the four Black Box brews, eight of 4 Pines’ core beers are also tapped and on offer for the night. Punters can get a chance to try free samples between 6-7pm and have a chin wag with the man behind it all, 4 Pines Brewer Andrew “Tweeds” Tweddel.
A specially tailored menu has also been created, with a meal suggestion to complement some of the beers on tap, including:
- Braised Venison Chocolate Pie ($12.50), try it with the Coffee Porter;
- Chicken Mole Aranchini with coriander and lime mayonnaise ($12 for 3 pieces) would be paired well with the Black IPA;
- Seared Scallops, green pea puree and Morcilla sausage citrus foam (12:50 for 3 pieces) with a Kolsch;
- Duck Rillet with cherry mustard, cornichons and toast ($12.50) with the ESB;
- and finally, a pulled beef, caramaelised onion and blue cheese slider ($6) with 4 Pines’ famous Pale Ale.
As the days get shorter and the air more chilled, it’s and wonderful time of beer to head indoors and warm yourself with a nice dark brew. So head down to the Keg & Brew on Wednesday 18 May for a liquid history lesson the taste buds will thank you for!
What: Black Box / 4 Pines Tap Takeover
Where: Keg & Brew, 26 Foveaux St, SURRY HILLS
When: Wednesday 18 May, 2016