The red carpet awards ceremony for the inaugural Australian Fashion Film Awards (AFFA) dazzled on 20 May 2015 at the spectacular Westfield Sky Lounge. The invite-only event saw amazing talent in the Fashion Film industry recognised and celebrated by an impressive line-up of celebrities from both the Fashion and Film industries.
11 Awards were presented in total with Chanel taking out three awards with the incredible Fashion Film “The One That I Want”. Baz Luhrmann was awarded Best Director and Country Road won the Best Australian Fashion Film for “Summer Wonder” (Full list of winners below)
Anastasia Fai, the Founder of AFFA, was overwhelmed by the response from the Fashion and Film industries and the support from corporates:
“Six months ago, the concept to recognise the amazing talent in the Australian Fashion Film industry was just a dream. Today it was a reality. Celebrating the achievements of everyone involved in creating Australian Fashion Films was long overdue. The support tonight’s event received is a sure sign that AFFA will be celebrating Aussie talent for many years to come.” she said.
Australian Fashion Film Award Winners
(in order of: Award – Individual/Brand – Film )
- Best Independent Fashion Film – Justin Griffiths – ‘Wild West’
- Best Hair & Makeup (Hair) – Renya Xydis (Russh Magazine) – ‘Phoenix Rising’
- Best Hair & Makeup (Makeup)- Tamah Krinsky (Russh Magazine) – ‘Phoenix Rising’
- Best Fashion Styling – Catherine Martin (Chanel) – ‘The One That I Want’
- Best Sound Design or Music – Lo-Fang (Chanel) – ‘The One That I Want’
- Best Visual Effects – The Woolmark Company – ‘Lost & Found’
- People’s Choice – Phoenix Rising, Russh Magazine
- Best International Fashion Film – Hogan Rebel – ‘We Are All Mad Here’
- Best Concept – The Woolmark Company – ‘Lost & Found’
- Best Director – Baz Luhrmann (Chanel) – ‘The One That I Want’
- Best Australian Fashion Film – Country Road – ‘Summer Wonder’
MC Rebecca Caratti of Buro 24/7 opened the awards ceremony. Guests who attended the event included iconic fashion designers from We Are Handsome and Alice McCall, the multi-talented director/actress Gracie Otto, actress Emma Lung, models Didier Cohen, Sarah Ellen and the Stenmark Twins and the internet sensations SketchShe.