The Rook Sydney celebrated World Gin Day with a week long ‘Seven Deadly Gins’ event that culminated with a party on Saturday 14 June 2014.
Guests tasted samples of the Rook’s seven deadly gins paired with tasty treats from the Rook’s kitch…en while enjoying the sweet sounds of Motown live by Katie Wadey and The Radiators.
The seven deadly gin cocktails were:
1. Cucumber Gimlet – Martin Miller’s Gin, lime and cucumber
2. Four Pillars Gin and Tonic – Four Pillars Gin, orange cinnamon syrup, and tonic
3. Lavender Bee’s Knees – Aviation Gin, lavender honey and lemon
4. Tang-10 martini – Tanqueray 10, Noilly Prat (vermouth) and grapefruit
5. Werewolves of London – Beefeater Gin London 24, Orange Curacao, lemon, peach liqueur and frankincense
6. Pound for Pound – Tanqueray Gin, earl grey tea syrup, lemon orgeat
7. Florabotanica – The West Winds Gin, yuzu, rose, thyme, dandelion and burdock bitters.